Student Dropoff Pickup
We know there is limited parking, and many parents drive their children to school. Parents may park along the street and in designated parking spaces. The drop off/pick up area is at the front of the school. There is no parking in this area. DO NOT park and leave your vehicle in this area. For your child’s safety, drop them off and pick them up with the passenger door opening on the school side of the street so students do not cross in front of traffic. Remember that green curbs are for limited parking times and red curbs are no parking zones. The process for drop off and pick up is the following:
- Drop off/pick up area will be open at 8:30 a.m. When cones are placed at the entrance, the drop off/pick up area is closed.
- The instructional day begins at 8:45 a.m. Students are considered tardy at 8:46 a.m. or later. When students arrive late, parents must accompany their child to the front office to get a tardy slip before proceeding to class.
- In the afternoon, the cones at the front entrance will be removed at 2:55 p.m. At this time, cars may pull forward all the way to the red zone. Remember, there is no parking in this area. Do not park and leave your vehicle.
- ALL students who get picked up are expected to line up at the Kindergarten building to wait for parents. A duty teacher will dismiss students to their parents. Students may not wait on the front steps of the school or inside.
- Cars should always pull up as far as possible. If the area gets too congested, stationary cars will need to drive around the school and return to the drop off/pick up area. A designated duty will help direct traffic to keep the flow of traffic moving.
- Students who have not been picked up by 3:10p.m. will be escorted to the front office. At this time, students may call parents or caregivers.
- In order to be released, parents or caregivers, who arrive late, are required to sign students out. APS Police will be notified if children are not picked up by 3:20p.m.